working on f23 final release announcement

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Tue Oct 13 04:22:02 UTC 2015

On 10/13/2015 04:56 AM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who helped pull together the F23 beta annoucement.
> I'd like us to give ourselves a little more time for the final
> annoucement. :)
>
> The beta annoucement is usually targeted at a fairly technical
> audience, and that makes sense, but when that hits the mainstream press
> — even the mainstream tech press — that tends to lead to reporting
> like this sarcastic gem:
>
>    http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2427241/red-hat-releases-fedora-23-beta-with-compiler-flags-to-improve-security
>
> For the final release annoucement, I'd like to refer to release notes
> (or package lists, or whatever) for the details, and focus more on The
> Exciting Story of Fedora 23.
>
> Please help me write that story. What have we got to work with?

Have we got some main points / features / focus that we really want to
plug in this announcement?

Also, should we co-ordinate with the posters of the announcements to the
mailing lists to put a link to the magazine announcement right at the
top of the emails? a lot of people link to the announce-list post, as
the official announcement, and well, mailman still looks like mailman :)

--ryanlerch