Re: Self-Introduction: Ricardo David Carrillo Sánchez

Justin W. Flory jflory7 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 19:09:29 UTC 2016

On 02/14/2016 01:13 AM, Ricardo David Carrillo Sanchez wrote:
> Hello everybody,first I apollogize for my english, and second I begin
> with my introduction:
>
> My name is Ricardo David Carrillo Sanchez, I'm from Mexico specifically
> from Estado de Mexico, but actually i live on Ciudad de Mexico (Mexico
> City). The username on the Fedora Account System (FAS) is dominusceo,
> and into Freenode  I usually signed on as dominusceo.

Hello Ricardo! Welcome to the Fedora Marketing team, we're glad to have
you with us.

> I'm interested on Linux topics, in fact I've been involvend into linux
> world since my college, starting with distros like Debian, passing  by
> Ubuntu, Gentoo and anothers, but  today I use Fedora for full time,
> because in the place I work I use Red Hat systems and I think Fedora is
> very similar.As professional, I have worked  with Linux  for a long time
> designing some critical and large implementations some projecs that I've
> been involdend with include:
>
> - LDAP migration.
> - Migration of 332 distributed machines over my country centralizing all
> network services.
> - Administering and migrating part of the Electronic Mail System into my
> organization, - Consolidating distributed services.
>
> As Independent Linux and Security consultant  I've helped a couple
> organization's to accomplish some of the most important security
> stantdars in addition to consolidate its infrastructure.

Sounds like you have a lot of experience in the systems administration
area -- there's many ways you can apply those skills and abilities back
into Fedora.

> The main reason to ask a subscription to the fedora marketing list and
> another Fedora projects is  because i would like to give back a little
> bit how much this Open Source project has given to me; in addition to i
> want to spread Fedora use
> as dailly work system and for personal use into my country (mainly in
> Mexico City).
>
> The skills which I hope to use in Fedora Marketing, include Blogging,
> Graphic Design (a little bit), Web Design, Database administration and
> Securiy administration, I have patient to develop documentation -I would
> like to help to develop spanish documentation.

Based on what you've said, there's a number of areas that you may be
more interested about learning in the Fedora Project. I believe you and
I spoke in #fedora-ambassadors and you were already in the progress of
contacting a mentor, so I won't mention the Ambassador Program again.

For blogging, you may be interested to check out the Fedora Magazine,
our premier publishing platform. We write all kinds of articles on
there, related to technical how-tos, news in the Fedora community, and more.

For graphic design, you may be interested in checking out the Fedora
Design team as well. You can find more information about them here!

     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design

     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_Design_Team

For your experience with systems administration, the Fedora
Infrastructure team primarily works in this field. They help power all
of the different systems and services for Fedora. You can find more
information about them here.

     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure

     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/GettingStarted

Finally, if you have a strong interest in helping improve Fedora's
Spanish translations of our documentation and other content, the
Internationalization (I18n) team might also be of interest to you.

     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/I18N

     https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/I18N/Join

Hopefully you will find some of this information also helpful to finding
a place that's most enjoyable for you to give back to Fedora.

> Now, another skills but that I would like improve are docs writing and
> learn how to express in public ( When I have to done).
>
> Please help me get started!

The best way to get started with Marketing will actually be this
upcoming Wednesday. At 22:00 UTC, we are having our first Marketing IRC
meeting in a long time. You can find the agenda for this meeting in a
ticket here.

     https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/ticket/213

Let us know if you have any other questions! :)

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory
jflory7 at gmail.com