[Magazine] Editorial board meeting recap 2015-Jan-07

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 22:59:23 UTC 2016

Minutes:        http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2016-01-07/magazine.2016-01-07-22.00.html
Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2016-01-07/magazine.2016-01-07-22.00.txt
Log:            http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2016-01-07/magazine.2016-01-07-22.00.log.html

* * *
#fedora-meeting: Magazine editorial board

Meeting started by stickster at 22:00:00 UTC. The full logs are
available at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2016-01-07/magazine.2016-01-07-22.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll call  (stickster, 22:00:10)

* Review  (stickster, 22:06:20)
  * BIG thanks to jflory7 for watching over all things Magazine during
    the holiday  (stickster, 22:06:55)
  * and BIG thanks to contributors for providing content for then, like
    cproffitt  (stickster, 22:07:11)

* Plan for added material  (stickster, 22:09:27)
  * Kohane will be creating a series on design/illustration/artistic
    tools  (stickster, 22:18:09)
  * Kohane will put together an banner sample for the design tools
    series, and float it on the list  (stickster, 22:29:22)
  * Once we have a banner decided, we can publish the first (intro)
    article  (stickster, 22:29:51)
  * We may have a F24 wallpaper article ready to go -- need to check
    on-list with Ryan + Sirko if it's ready, and then schedule it
    (stickster, 22:30:41)
  * stickster still working on making systemd remote logging work, which
    will provide another article  (stickster, 22:34:26)
  * So tentatively we will hope to have Design Tools series part 1 on
    Monday or Tuesday, F24 wallpaper on Wednesday, possibly systemd
    remote logging for Thursday  (stickster, 22:35:41)
  * ACTION: Kohane work on first design tool article (#2 in series) now
    so it's ready for following week  (stickster, 22:41:16)
  * ACTION: stickster write email to marketing list on where to get and
    how to use fedoramagazine-images repo  (stickster, 22:42:48)
  * hopefully we will also have Jiří's article soon on email clients,
    hopefully to publish the week of Jan 18  (stickster, 22:43:42)
  * Kohane has articles coming on different desktops -- would love to
    get jflory7 or ryanlerch to edit these  (stickster, 22:47:46)

* All Other Business (AOB)  (stickster, 22:48:22)
  * LINK:
    https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/share-your-year-in-review-with-fedora/
    (decause, 22:50:02)
  * IDEA: Once the Year in Review article is ready through commblog,
    F-Mag can publish a wrapper/clickbait to push some additional cross
    traffic there  (stickster, 22:51:59)
  * LINK: https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/   (stickster,
    22:52:54)

Meeting ended at 22:57:34 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* Kohane work on first design tool article (#2 in series) now so it's
  ready for following week
* stickster write email to marketing list on where to get and how to use
  fedoramagazine-images repo

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* Kohane
  * Kohane work on first design tool article (#2 in series) now so it's
    ready for following week
* stickster
  * stickster write email to marketing list on where to get and how to
    use fedoramagazine-images repo
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)

People Present (lines said)