[Marketing] [commops] Re: Pre and Post FOSDEM Activity of FOSDEM participants

Justin W. Flory jflory7 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 15:05:44 UTC 2016

On 03/08/2016 04:59 PM, Bhagyashree Uday wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> So I am pretty late with this since I have been stuck with my mid
> semester exams for the past week and more but here is the FOSDEM report
> finally :
> https://networksfordata.wordpress.com/2016/03/08/fedora-at-fosdem/
>
> Do tell me what you think and suggestions/any more metrics to include,
> if any.
>
> Also, jflory we can surely work on Brickhacks report next :)
>
> Cheers,
> Bee

Pretty sure we discussed this pretty heavily in IRC and in the CommOps
meeting, but this is seriously *awesome* data that tells a fantastic
story of Fedora's impact at FOSDEM over the past three years. I think
your report is something everyone in the Project should at least look
over to see the kind of stories that can be told with our existing
infrastructure, like Badges and fedmsg (looking forward to taking a look
at BrickHack next)!

I'm CCing a few extra lists for this reply:

* Ambassadors: Great read to see how we can measure impact at events and
justify an event from a budget perspective by finding a way to turn the
"people interactions" into quantifiable data

* Social Media / Marketing: This would be a great thing to highlight on
the official Fedora feeds. I'm going to post it to /r/Fedora on Reddit
and the Telegram announcement group momentarily. Getting this on
Facebook / Twitter / Google+ would be a great thing to do!

If anyone from these other lists has feedback on the actual article or
wants to discuss it further, please make sure you reply to the CommOps
list to prevent cross-posting across the lists.

Thanks everyone!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory