2012-04-02 - Fedora QA Meeting - recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 08:00:16 UTC 2012

As always, minutes and IRC transcript available on the wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20120402

Next meeting is scheduled for 2012-04-09 at 1500 UTC in #fedora-meeting.
If you have topics you think we should bring up at the meeting, please
add them to the Wiki page at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20120409 . Thanks!

TOPIC: Previous meeting follow-up
	* kparal to propose revised criteria to cover split installs
	  (installer sourced from one repo, packages from internet
	  repos): didn't have a chance to do this yet
	* wwoods to ensure anaconda docs are updated to reflect what
	  repo= is supposed to be capable of: wwoods was not around to
	  update this

TOPIC: Fedora 17 Beta status / blocker review
	* We still haven't been able to spin an RC3
	* We have pretty good RC2 test coverage, just a couple of tests
	  remain, we can knock those off today
	* See online minutes[1] for blocker review summary

TOPIC: 'Project' status
	* We're happy for QA to officially become a 'Fedora project',
	  we will stick the drafted Governance section into the Wiki
	  somewhere and let the board know we're happy to accept
	  project status. This decision does not in any way influence
	  the question of the QA/Bugzappers relationship

TOPIC: Test Day report
	* Kdump Test Day on 03-27[2] seems to have been DOA, likely due
	  to late organization and lack of publicity
	* GNOME Shell software rendering Test Day on 03-29[3] seems to
	  have gone off pretty nicely, decent amount of testing and
	  some useful reports

TOPIC: Upcoming QA events
	* Power Management Test Day on 04-04[4]
	* Installation l10n/i18n Test Day on 04-05[5]
	* Beta Go/No-Go scheduled (again) for 04-04

TOPIC: AutoQA update
	* No news, team is busy with Beta testing

TOPIC: Open floor
N/A

[1] http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2012-04-02/fedora-qa.2012-04-02-15.00.html
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2012-03-27_Kdump