2013-02-04 - Fedora QA Meeting - recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 03:29:24 UTC 2013

As always, minutes and IRC transcript available on the wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20130204

Next meeting is scheduled for 2013-02-11 at 1600 UTC in
#fedora-meeting. If you have topics you think we should bring up at the
meeting, please add them to the Wiki page at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20130211 . Thanks!

TOPIC: Criteria revision
	* adamw planning to draft a plan for improved presentation of
	  the release criteria. tflink suggests moving the criteria out
	  of the wiki could help, but for F19 for now it's likely to
	  stay in wiki
	* Ideas to keep in mind as part of the plan:
	  * kparal - draw a line between simple explanations and
	    lawyerish complex clauses
	  * kparal/viking-ice - define terms that we're familiar with
	    but a general reader may not be
	  * tflink - ensure there's short text for each criterion for
	    IRC meeting purposes
	  * kparal - group the criteria (installation, desktop,
	    networking...)
	  * kparal - link to background info on each criterion (esp.
	    discussion when it was created)
	  * kparal - some mechanism for tagging criteria - "I hate when
	    I search for PXE, but it is called "network boot" or
	    similar"

TOPIC: Test Case Revision
	* adamw suggested expanding the upgrade test case set a little
	* viking-ice suggested identifying hw-dependent and
	  non-hw-dependent test cases in the matrices
	* kparal said we should finish revising the partitioning
	  criteria
	* adamw thought we could come up with a set of common
	  partitioning operation test cases
	* kparal suggested an explicit Secure Boot criterion
	* We should try and get as much criteria revision and test case
	  revision done before Alpha as possible

TOPIC: Fedora 19 Feature list review
	* Already listed as features of potential concern from last
	  week's meeting:
	  * Features/NewFirstboot[1]
	  * Features/SyslinuxOption[2]
	  * Features/SystemdPredictableNetworkInterfaceNames[3]
	  * Features/YumGroupsAsObjects[4]
	  * Features/FixNetworkNameResolution[5]
	* Features/ReplaceMySQLwithMariaDB[6] looks significant but we
	  do not currently have planned testing for MySQL
	  * tflink suggested that a comprehensive MySQL benchmark tool
	    could act as a compatibility checker if we could find such
	    a thing
	  * viking-ice said we should ensure F18->F19 upgrades
	    accomplish the mysql->mariadb switch smoothly
	  * If mysql is to still be available in F19, we should check
	    it can be installed and used
	* On Features/SystemdPredictableNetworkInterfaceNames - we
	  should check behaviour of firewalld and libvirt, particularly
	  on upgrades; check 'em1' is still used for most onboard
	  adapters
	* Features/KScreen[7] may impact KDE validation in a small way
	* Features/SyslinuxOption[8] would be worth doing some optional
	  testing on at least: viking-ice suggested it should be a
	  supported kickstart option

TOPIC: Open Floor
N/A

ACTION ITEMS
	* adamw to draft up a proposal for revising the presentation of
	  the release criteria
	* adamw to draft up a kickstart criterion for f19

1. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/NewFirstboot
2. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SyslinuxOption
3. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SystemdPredictableNetworkInterfaceNames
4. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/YumGroupsAsObjects