APAC meeting logs for February 2, 2013

Ye Myat Kaung mavjs at fedoraproject.org
Sat Feb 2 05:00:48 UTC 2013

Hello folks,

As always, today is the APAC bi-weekly meeting and we had a great one.
I'd like to thank everyone for coming. The logs can be found at:

Minutes:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2013-02-02/apac.2013-02-02-03.59.html

Log:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2013-02-02/apac.2013-02-02-03.59.log.html

Here are the minutes of the meeting:

#fedora-meeting: Fedora APAC Ambassadors 2013-02-02

Meeting started by dramsey at 03:59:31 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2013-02-02/apac.2013-02-02-03.59.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Roll call  (tuanta, 04:00:06)
  * LINK:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:APAC_Ambassadors_2013-02-02#Agenda
    (dramsey, 04:00:37)

* News from FAmSCo  (tuanta, 04:02:27)
  * FY2014 starts March 1 2013  (FranciscoD, 04:06:13)
  * All budget figures should be available before FY2014 starts
    (FranciscoD, 04:06:55)
  * Indonesia team cancelled their bids  (FranciscoD, 04:11:05)
  * PH offers hosting a FAD instead of FUDCon  (azneita, 04:11:27)
  * APAC does not have plans for a FUDCon at the moment  (FranciscoD,
    04:11:45)
  * ACTION: FranciscoD get in touch with asmartgoat, kaio  (FranciscoD,
    04:13:52)
  * udinnet may bid for a FUDCon Sri Lanka next year. Needs to discuss
    it with the Sri Lanka team  (FranciscoD, 04:20:41)

* Review action items from last meeting  (dramsey, 04:22:01)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-apac/ticket/43   (dramsey,
    04:25:03)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-apac/ticket/59   (dramsey,
    04:26:26)
  * LINK:

http://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/fudcon_plan/FUDCon%20organization%20plan.html
    (dramsey, 04:26:33)

* APAC Events: plans, status, reports  (dramsey, 04:28:44)
  * LINK: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F18_release_events   (dramsey,
    04:28:53)
  * FranciscoD regrets having to leave the meeting  (FranciscoD,
    04:29:40)
  * udinnet: Bckurera and myself have a plan to make some f18 media
    (dramsey, 04:32:08)
  * Fedora Malayasia will be having a FAD on 23rd Feb, 2013  (MavJS,
    04:35:18)
  * LINK: http://fedora.my/blog/fedora-activity-day-kl-openshift
    (MavJS, 04:35:28)
  * What is the status for the remaining APAC's FY2013 Budget?
    (dramsey, 04:41:20)
  * I am very proud of the APAC'ers doing Release Events. We did it
    "again" and had the most Release Events for the regions. Â :)Â Fedora
    Release Events  (dramsey, 04:41:28)
  * APAC'ers do you need any swag? What do you need to succeed?
    (dramsey, 04:41:42)
  * LINK:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/APAC/Budget/Taiwan_Budget_FY2014
    (zerng07, 04:43:28)
  * LINK:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/APAC/Budget/Taiwan_Budget_FY2014
    (dramsey, 04:47:17)
  * zerng07, needs input from Tuan and Buddhike  (dramsey, 04:47:31)
  * ACTION: FAmSCo Help review zerng07's request.  (dramsey, 04:47:50)

* Trac tickets  (dramsey, 04:48:23)

* Miscellaneous  (dramsey, 04:50:20)
  * LINK: https://www.googlesciencefair.com/en/2013/   (dramsey,
    04:50:30)
  * Food for your thoughts and share with others who may want to
    participate in the Google Science Far 2013 for students age 13 to
    18.  (dramsey, 04:50:36)

* Open Floor  (dramsey, 04:51:12)
  * udinnet will chair next meeting  (azneita, 04:52:05)

Meeting ended at 04:53:03 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* FranciscoD get in touch with asmartgoat, kaio
* FAmSCo Help review zerng07's request.

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* FranciscoD
  * FranciscoD get in touch with asmartgoat, kaio
* zerng07
  * FAmSCo Help review zerng07's request.
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * (none)