Docs Project Meeting Summary

Pete Travis me at petetravis.com
Mon Feb 11 15:09:21 UTC 2013

There were some technical issues at the start of today's meeting, so the logs
will be incomplete. I've pasted the log directly from my client in addition to
the logs captured by meetbot.

Minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-
meeting/2013-02-11/fedora_docs_https:fedoraproject.orgwikidocs_project_meetings.2013-02-11-14.22.html

Minutes (text): http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-
meeting/2013-02-11/fedora_docs_https:fedoraproject.orgwikidocs_project_meetings.2013-02-11-14.22.txt

Log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-
meeting/2013-02-11/fedora_docs_https:fedoraproject.orgwikidocs_project_meetings.2013-02-11-14.22.log.html

- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<Sparks> randomuser`: Meeting?
* tjikkun_work (~tjikkun at 2a00:d10:2:1:a6ba:dbff:fef3:f431) has joined
<Sparks> #startmeeting Docs Project Meeting - Agenda:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_meetings
<nirik> alas, we are working on zodbot. ;(
<puiterwijk> Sparks: meetbot is currently unavailable yet. I'm looking at it
now with Kevin
<Sparks> puiterwijk: Ya
<Sparks> #meetingname Fedora Docs
<Sparks> #topic Roll Call!
* Sparks is here
* Penguiniator is here (new member)
<randomuser`> sorry, distracted
* jreznik_ is now known as jreznik
* Sparks notes that nirik is working on zodbot and a git problem on
fedorahosted at the moment.
* pkovar is here
* Sparks hands the meeting over to randomuser`
<randomuser`> thanks, Sparks
<randomuser`> we'll wait a moment more for roll call
* bcotton (~bcotton at sheldon.rcac.purdue.edu) has joined
<randomuser`> #topic Follow up on last week's action items
<bcotton> hey randomuser` did you #startmeeting?
<randomuser`> bcotton, zodbot is MIA
* UnCleJack is here
<randomuser`> i'll have to do it manually
* threebean checks in #fedora-admin about zodbot
<bcotton> randomuser`: ah, okay. Good luck! (RIP Zodbot)
<puiterwijk> threebean: me and Kevin are working on it in -noc
<Sparks> threebean: They know
<randomuser`> I sent out a big pile of nag emails re: beats last night, and
<threebean> puiterwijk: I see that now.. I just wandered in ;)
<randomuser`> Sparks, you were following up with infra?
<Sparks> Umm
<Sparks> randomuser`: For the Koji tag?
<randomuser`> "Sparks to follow up with RELENG on the additional repo and tags
in Koji"
<randomuser`> yeah
<randomuser`> #info
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_meetings#11_February_2013
<Sparks> I checked with Dennis and he was going to get back with me but had a
day off last week so I kinda missed him, I think.
<Sparks> I think he said he has created the tag and the repo and was testing
some things.
<Sparks> EOF
<randomuser`> okay, thanks
<randomuser`> I saw rudi is working on publican 3 for us,
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/docs/2013-February/014825.html
* mmello (~Marcelo at 186.215.54.218) has joined
<Sparks> Yes!  Shouldn't be long now!
<randomuser`> Sparks, I can take the weekly nagging off the agenda if you'd
like to bring it up when appropriate
<Sparks> Sure, just create a topic for it as this will live for another few
weeks.
<randomuser`> will do, thanks
<randomuser`> #topic New Contributors
<randomuser`> I'd like to welcome Penguiniator and UnCleJack to the group
<Penguiniator> randomuser`, thanks
<UnCleJack> :-) thanks
<randomuser`> We're around if you have any questions, of course
* jduncan (~jduncan at pool-71-176-228-243.rcmdva.fios.verizon.net) has joined
<Sparks> Woot!  Fresh meat!
<randomuser`> I mentioned a bacon chocolate cupcake recruiting bounty on the
list a while ago, and I plan on claiming it as their sponsor
<lnovich> randomuser - all yours
<UnCleJack> well, ive talked to Sparks about contributing to the security
guide, and told him i'll work on it on the weekend, but turns out i just need
some more time getting used to docbook & wrokflow, before i'm of any use
* movl has quit (Read error: No route to host)
<randomuser`> I think the best approach to start is to write it out, and worry
about the markup after
<Sparks> UnCleJack: If you make changes and send them to me in a patch I'll fix
the DocBook.  :)
<UnCleJack> Sparks, That would be great :-D
<randomuser`> okay, enough picking on the new guys
<UnCleJack> Sparks, but please let me know what i did wrong, so i can learn
and send quality patches ;-)
<Sparks> UnCleJack: Content is the hard part.  Tags are easy once you get use
to them.
* dwmw2_gone is now known as dwmw2
<Sparks> UnCleJack: Oh, I won't hold back.  :)
* mdomsch (~mdomsch at cpe-70-116-14-133.austin.res.rr.com) has joined
<UnCleJack> Sparks, just the way i like it ;-O
<lnovich> i think getting content is the hard part as you can't just make this
all up
<chuckf> randomuser`: would you like me to see if I can get my meetbot to run
in here for the meeting?
<chuckf> or is it too late?
<Sparks> lnovich: Have you read the Security Guide?  Clearly I can make up a
lot of stuff.
* zodbot (supybot at fedora/bot/zodbot) has joined
<randomuser`> chuckf, I think it's a moot point at this stage
<Sparks> chuckf: I think we've been using the tags for zodbot so maybe if we
run the logs through it will make the minutes?
<chuckf> randomuser`: okay

- --
- -- Pete Travis
 - Fedora Docs Project Leader