Statement of Support (and some child-like giddiness)

Ryan McDougall sempuki1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 10:13:44 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 07:13:00PM +0200, Ryan McDougall wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:
>> >  http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2008-November/010586.html
>> Have you got the non-forked dbus to compile for mingw? Have you
>> divined the difference between windbus and upstream? I just fired an
>> email off to Tor, because we both appear to be based in finland.
>
> It's possible, but really it needs someone to first get the windbus
> changes upstream into dbus, in small chunks that the dbus developers
> can digest.  Basically that's what no one has got around to going yet.
>
>> Have you had a chance to speak with the winkde people? I just spotted
>> this today, so I don't know what they are using. I presume its some
>> custom cmake files, since they appear to have msvc builds. They also
>> have dbus.
>>
>> http://www.winkde.org/pub/kde/ports/win32/releases/unstable/latest/
>
> No .. Do you know how / on what platform they build these?

I am guessing its cmake on windows, because its a project to put kde
on windows, kde uses cmake, and they have mscv binaries.

I also heard that windbus is from the same kde people, and is kinda a
stop-gap way to get dbus on windows -- which would explain why its not
as complete as upstream would like, and it doesn't appear as if there
is a hurry to make it more complete...

Will investigate the kde side some more...

Cheers,