gtk2 and libxml2 need updates

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Mon May 4 15:12:40 UTC 2009

Op maandag 04-05-2009 om 09:18 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Michael
Cronenworth:
> > mingw32-gtk2-2.16.1 was built recently, but isn't available yet in the
> > rawhide repository because Fedora is now in a development freeze. If
> > wanted, you can manually download and install it from
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=98551
>
> Thanks. Although it isn't a life/death situation, I don't see why we
> couldn't push 2.16.1 into F11 since rawhide already has it and a mingw32
> package isn't going to break a release.

Well, to get past the freeze override one needs to convince at least two
members of the rel-eng team that the new packages needs to be allowed.
As I don't know of any fatal bugs in the gtk 2.15.5 package I don't
see any reason to request a freeze override. The new gtk package will
probably be pushed as an update shortly after the release of F11 anyway.

For more details about the development freeze, see
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/FinalFreezePolicy

> > The latest version of mingw32-libxml2 indeed is 2.7.2. As I have commit
> > privileges to that package, I'll update that later today (and post a
> > koji link when it's finished here).
> >

> OK thanks.

It's already built by now:

Regards,