Rewriting the Qt .spec file

Thomas Sailer sailer at sailer.dynip.lugs.ch
Sat Oct 9 21:11:45 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-10-09 at 21:39 +0200, Erik van Pienbroek wrote:

> try to rewrite the Qt .spec file. In the end I managed to get Qt
> compiled without the hacks which were originally used. As a bonus

Great! Thanks for your work!

> around this limitation, but I think we should discuss changing it to a
> new name as we should limit the number of patches required to an
> absolute minimum.

I'm fine with changing it to reduce our workload and be more consistent
with other similar projects. I don't think we have that many users
already who would need to adjust their build scripts..

> libraries as they're all bundled inside the Qt DLL's. So the question is
> whether we should confirm to the way upstream wants it or the way Fedora
> wants it. Comments are welcome.

I would prefer the fedora way if it's doable without excessive packager
workload...

Thanks again,
Tom