Fw: [Freeglut-developer] Mingw cross-compilation

Mark Brand mabrand at mabrand.nl
Mon Feb 6 20:46:19 UTC 2012

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Sending to Fedora mingw mailing list.
>
> Rich.
>
> On Sun, Feb 05, 2012 at 07:45:59PM +0100, Sylvain wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I forward you this mail because you packaged FreeGLUT for win32
>> through cross-compilation.
>>
>> I just sent this patch to the developers after cross-compilation broke
>> in 2.8.0.  (I believe the current maintainer works primarily under
>> windows and doesn't uses the autoconf build system.)
>>
>> If you think what I did can be improved, feel free to say so to the
>> list: freeglut-developer at lists.sourceforge.net .
>>
>> Cheers!
>>
>> - Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,

In mingw-cross-env, freeglut 2.8.0 seems to build fine without any
significant patches. The recipe is here:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/file/9f3e2e08c437/src/freeglut.mk

We do apply a patch to add pkg-config support:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/file/9f3e2e08c437/src/freeglut-1-fixes.patch

Webpage
http://mingw-cross-env.nongnu.org/

Mark