Status update on MinGW-W64 in Fedora

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Tue Mar 6 17:23:56 UTC 2012

Erik van Pienbroek schreef op za 03-03-2012 om 20:19 [+0100]:
> At the moment there's only support for the win32 target
> (i686-w64-mingw32) in the Fedora 17 mingw packages. We still need to
> introduce the new mingw-binutils and mingw-gcc packages in Fedora for
> win64 support. We plan on getting this done in the next couple of days.
>
> Some days ago we also created a FESCO ticket where we ask them for their
> approval on a mass rename of all mingw32-* packages so their prefix will
> change to 'mingw-' so we don't need to perform reviews for all renamed
> packages: https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/812. Most likely this
> ticket will be discussed at the next FESCO meeting this Monday.

Our request for a mass rename of all mingw32-* package to mingw-* was
discussed in the FESCO meeting yesterday and we got their approval! This
means that we can now start with renaming all packages with the prefix
'mingw32-*' so that they use 'mingw-*' as prefix instead. After all
packages have been renamed we can start with porting the individual
packages to the new MinGW packaging guidelines.

What does this mean for you packagers?