Commit spam (Was: Re: [mingw-pixman: 3/31] Rebuild for gcc 4.4)

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Tue Mar 6 21:39:51 UTC 2012

Nerijus Baliunas schreef op di 06-03-2012 om 22:23 [+0200]:
> Do we really need all the commits from the last decade to go now to the list?

Hi,

Our apologies for the noise.
Unfortunately the Fedora packaging infrastructure doesn't support real
renames of packages. Because of this we were forced to manually copy
over the history from the old git repositories to the new ones and this
caused all the commit spam.

For our next run of package renames we will try to leave the
fedora-mingw mailing list free of this commit spam. The noise for today
should be over by now

Kind regards,

Erik van Pienbroek