preparing a mingw-llvm package; problems with %mingw_configure environment variables

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Mon May 7 18:43:06 UTC 2012

On 05/07/2012 09:22 PM, Eric Smith wrote:
> One more question has arisen.  The LLVM build system installs an
> "llvm-config" Perl script, providing functionality specific to
> pkg-config, in %{mingw32_bindir}.  If w64 builds were working, there
> would be a different one in %{mingw64_bindir}.  Since the script runs on
> the build system, not Windows, should I leave it there, or do something
> like move/rename it to %{_bindir}/mingw32_llvm_config?

Not sure, depends on if there are any apps would actually use it. It
might very well be that everything uses pkg-config .pc files instead and
the config script is just provided for backwards compatibility.

But if you decide it's worth copying / symlinking it to %{_bindir}, I'd
say it should be prefixed with the host triplet, which is the convention
that autotools uses for cross tools:
i686-w64-mingw32-llvm_config or %{mingw32_host}-llvm_config

--
Kalev