Out of action for a while & mono heads up

Paul Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu Aug 5 11:37:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

Since F14 will be shipped only one month later than mono 2.8, I'd like
> to suggest not to update mono in the F14 branch to 2.8 or any release
> candidates for now. If the mono release would be delayed we would end up
> with some probably instable pre-release in F14.

Given that rawhide has branched now for f15, I don't see why there should
need to be a delay. f14 will have whatever was in rawhide before the
branching took place, so it's not really an issue.

If it turns out that the final 2.8 is quite stable and none of the major
> mono-based packages rely on .NET 1.1 we can always reconsidering the
> decision on the mailing list later on and update it in F14 as well.
>
> I think it would be a good thing (TM) to get 2.7 into rawhide and let it
sit there for a while and update that to 2.8 to see what breaks and what
doesn't. Once f14 is out and settled, if there is nothing big and nasty,
move 2.8 to f14. I'd give it a month post f14

TTFN

Paul