NAnt boostrapping

Christian Krause chkr at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 24 20:27:20 UTC 2010

Hi Spot, Kalev, Christopher, All,

Thank you very much to all of you for your help!

On 02/24/2010 07:25 PM, Christopher Brown wrote:
>> I picked it up from there. I first checked that there were only 2
>> packages that depended on log4net: nant and mono-sharpcvslib. However,
>> what made it slightly difficult is that mono-sharpcvslib needs nant to
>> build, but nant was broken. Luckily the bootstrap mode nant was already
>> tagged for dist-f12-override. What I had to do was rebuild
>> mono-sharpcvslib against the new log4net (using the boostrap mode nant
>> which was tagged into build overrides). When mono-sharpcvslib's build
>> finished, I had it tagged for dist-f12-override [2].
>>
>> At that point all nant's deps were in working order, so I just
>> re-submitted latest nant build which had failed for Paul. After that I
>> had the new nant also tagged for dist-f12-override, so that other
>> packages which use nant can now be built.
>>
>> What needs to be done is to create a Bodhi update which includes both
>> mono-sharpcvslib-0.35-14.fc12 and nant-0.85-33.fc12. I don't have commit
>> access to nant, and because of that I can't create the update myself.
>> Christian, do you think you could prepare the update?

Done.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/mono-sharpcvslib-0.35-14.fc12,nant-0.85-33.fc12

Remaining ToDo: Once all packages hit updates-stable, lift the
buildroot_overrides.

> I rebuilt log4net for various reasons and don't have commit on nant
> either otherwise I would have dropped the bootstrapping now that the
> latest version of mono is in F-12 which supplies a common strong name
> key.

Hm, I'm a little bit unsure. Sure, NAnt.exe only refers to log4net and
mono-core itself, but are you sure that none of the additional
NAnt*.dlls are used during the build of nant and so there would be again
the need for boostrapping if one of any of the dependencies of nant
changes? E.g. nunit.core seems to have a different key in F11 and F13...

> Essentially I think we can drop the bootstrapping now we are rid of
> the nant/log4net cyclic dep. The only question is whether to provide a
> sub package in mono that provides the snk and how to deal with it?

Currently the generic key file resides in
/etc/pki/mono/mono.snk
and is part of the of mono-devel package.

Best regards,
Christian