[Fedora-music-list] Mixer Wowes

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Wed May 6 22:15:25 UTC 2009

William M. Quarles wrote:
> I have Fedora 10 and a machine with a (please, no laughing or
> snickering) Creative Labs Sound Blaster AWE 64 Value sound card and a
> Sigma Designs RealMagic Hollywood Plus DVD decoder card. While the
> computer loads the ALSA drivers needed for both cards,
As evidenced by ?
I'm not sure which mod the awe needs, but check lsmod |grep snd
Maybe fpaste.org your alsa-info results for others to check

> the sound
> controls in GNOME only display the Hollywood+ controls, and nothing is
> available for the AWE 64.
In gnome-volume-control I see Device entries for eg:
CA0106 alsa
Nvidia nforce2 alsa
mixer oss
playback CA PA
playback NF PA
capture   CA PA
capture   NF PA
capture-monitor   CA PA
capture-monitor   NF PA
and I need to change the device to control the appropriate card.

Did you try alsamxixer, and alsaunmute ?

DaveT.