[Fedora-music-list] Re: Mixer Wowes

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sun May 17 01:00:47 UTC 2009

On 17/05/09 07:10, William M. Quarles wrote:
> David Timms wrote:
> I have no idea what you are talking about, and I didn't change anything
> having to do with "reply-to" settings. I use Gmane to for all of my
> lists, so everything I send to a Gmane newsgroup gets sent to all
> mailing list members no matter what.
All I'm saying is that hitting reply to any other message sent to
fedora*-lists generates a message of the kind:
to: fedora*-list, and therefore all lists members will see the
follow a thread.

But if I do that with the messages that you send, thunderbird only:
to: you

But looking at other fedora-music-list messages, this seems to be a
problem with just the music list, and I am querying the list admin since
it seems the issue might lie there.
I guess that is why we are seeing some messages twice, and the message
not being properly threaded, as people try to workaround the lack of
inserted reply-to field.

Thanks for your feedback, William.

 > I have been sending all of my replies to both the Planet CCRMA "list"
 > and the Fedora Music "list"
I would suggest if you are looking for the pro audio setup, the CCRMA
lists are probably the right place to be subscribed. If it's really the
more basic stuff you are after, then fedora-list will surely get you
more responses.

DaveT.

ps. Since I'm now on F11 preview/rawhide, my audio is kinda "dumbed
down" to the point of difficulty - I have an inbuilt sound card (that is
noisy), and a soundblaster (live) that is quiet. I no longer get easy
access to the volume control for the live card, neither do I get mixer
or selection points for the card at all. As many mentioned on Fedora
devel list, unless you are a default, simple setup user, these new
features are rather a downgrade.