[Fedora-music-list] Default Desktop Environment

Brian Monroe briancmonroe at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 22:47:45 UTC 2012

IMHO we should use a DE that uses as little resources as possible. I think
it would be reasonable to try to aim for a <10ms lag for the spin on most
systems. And on some of the older ones, that may just not be possible with
some of the bulkier desktop enviornments. Obviously we won't be able to
help everyone have the apps run like they were in a Pro Audio studio, but
we should try, within reason, to free up as much resources as possible to
leave room to run samples and effects. But that's just my own 2 cents.

On the flipside, I wonder how hard it would be, to do a multiple desktop
disk like the recent Fedora releases have been. Like having a performance
mode, and a "shiny" one.