[Fwd: Re: FWN email format]

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Apr 17 16:09:37 UTC 2007

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Thomas Chung <tchung at fedoraproject.org>
To: Julius Luukko <Julius.Luukko at lut.fi>

On 4/16/07, Julius Luukko <Julius.Luukko at lut.fi> wrote:

> So I ask you to consider adding the topic list back to the announcement email.

Thank you for your feedback.
We'll add back TOC in the email in the future issues.
---

Thomas and all:

First, sorry for the ways we've messed up the working formula of FWN.
At least we were able to shake some readers up enough to write in about
it. :)

To address the concerns, it sounds like we want to format FWN this way:

Issue #

Table of Contents (h1, h2)

(Body of Content)

Below is a copy of the ToC from the latest issue.  Is it too long?

An alternative would be for us to do what Thomas did in the past --
identify seven or eight topics as headlines and push those up for
attention.  Then followed by a ToC?  Or just the body of the content?
More work, but more use.  Makes it more traditionally news-like.

Fedora Weekly News Issue 83
             1. Announcements
                     1. Fedora Wiki Accounts
                     2. Fedora-Extras-List going to be closed end of
                        this week
                     3. Fedora Development (2007-04-11) Live i386 image
                        available
             2. Planet Fedora
                     1. Fedora's Pidgin Plan
                     2. Spread Open Media
             3. Developments
                     1. Bad gnome-user-share, Bad!
                     2. Mgetty Still Maintained ? Or, How To Patch And
                        Rebuild From Source RPMs
                     3. Administrative Tools Emancipated From GTK+
                        Tyranny
                     4. Readahead Lists Need an Update For Rawhide?
                     5. DELL firmware packaging Saga Continues. A Bug
                        Gets Squished In rpmUtils.updates.py
                     6. When Will iwlwifi Work?
                     7. Where are VirtualProvides Documented?
                     8. RFE: Mirror/server Do Not Remove Old Kernel From
                        Updates
                     9. Three Changes to Packaging Guidelines: 1. Binary
                        Firmware; 2. Post-Release Naming, 3; BuildRoot
                        Prepping
                    10. Bugzilla Policy: Should FC4 Bug Filing Be
                        Banned?
             4. Maintainers
                     1. "FC6" in Fedora 7
                     2. Packaging Guideline Changes
                     3. Fedora 7 Test 4 Freeze
             5. Documentation
                     1. Fedora 7 Desktop User Guide
                     2. Common Snippets
             6. Translation
                     1. Release Notes Deadlines
                     2. More on Entities
             7. Infrastructure
                     1. Email Addresses
                     2. The Wiki
             8. Artwork
                     1. Fedora Underground Pilot
                     2. Echo Icons
             9. Security Week in Review
                     1. In This Week
                     2. Schneier on Security
                     3. Apache.org
                     4. FreeRADIUS
                     5. Mark Cox
            10. Security and Updates
                     1. Security Advisories
                     2. Fedora Core 6 Updates
                     3. Fedora Core 5 Updates
            11. Events and Meetings
                     1. FESCo Meeting Summary: 2007-04-05
                     2. Packaging Committee Meeting 2007-04-10
                     3. Ambassadors Meeting Minutes 2007-04-12
            12. Feedback

--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project