proposal for a new beat

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 16:00:39 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 15:14 +0200, Max Spevack wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jul 2008, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
> > I agree with that. Highlighting wiki edits is all good but doing it in
> > FWN would not be fair to a large number of contributors spending time
> > on other important areas. If you are going to recognize contributors,
> > do so in a more comprehensive way.
>
> It's just a start, that came out of the *long* discussion that we had
> during the Fedora Board IRC meeting.
>
> Again, see here:
>
>  	https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Statistics/Ideas
>
> Also, this is why I am only proposing it, and not adding it in yet.  I
> don't want to start that beat until we have a bit more to show, in order
> to take a wider view from the very beginning.
>
> Thanks for the feedback,

Would it be worthwhile to exclude the Special: namespace (and maybe
others) from the chart of most edited pages?  I think those may show up
from edits by MediaWiki itself -- I'm torn; it might be useful to see
that a lot of stuff was deleted recently, but not necessarily to the
general readership.  Some of this stuff falls out of the implementaion,
so I'm sorry if this is driving by hindsight. :-)

--
Paul W. Frields