Fedora Weekly News #158

Oisin Feeley oisinfeeley at imapmail.org
Tue Jan 13 15:13:37 UTC 2009

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 11:33:54 +0530, "Rahul Sundaram"
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> said:
> Pascal Calarco wrote:
> > --- Disabling Staging Drivers ? ---
> >
> > Rahul Sundaram asked[1] if enabling the many new drivers in the staging
> > tree[2] would make sense in rawhide in order to support a wider range of
> > hardware such as the EeePC's ralink wireless chipset.
>
> I understand it is a bit too late now but this section is more
> appropriately titled "Enabling Staging Drivers" since they are disabled
> already.

Good point Rahul.  I'll correct it in the archived version as it does
make it clearer. I got caught up in thinking about the argument that the
-staging tree itself was a problem and lost focus on the part directly
applicable to Fedora.

Thank you,
--
  Oisin Feeley