Using Package name space in markup

Oisin Feeley oisinfeeley at imapmail.org
Tue Jan 13 15:47:44 UTC 2009

Hi Dale,

In your latest beat I notice (e.g. the link to cobbler[1]) you're using
the package namespace to link directly to PackageDB for information.  I
like it (because I think PackageDB provides good info and thus it's more
useful than the suggested markup) but it's not what the WikiEditing
guide seems to recommend[2]. Has there been some change in policy within
Docs which your usage is reflecting?

As a more general question for the list: would it be better to switch
our practice to using such links?

Please note, I'm not complaining about this :)  I'm just going to leave
it as is as I'm agnostic on the subject at the moment and it seems a bit
pedantic to be bothered about.  I'm really just interested in it.

1.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/LatestIssue#Help_Perfect_Cobbler_SELinux_Policy
2. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/WikiEditing#Marking_Technical_Terms

Thanks,