Thoughts on a NodeJS packaging group

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sat Nov 14 11:00:22 UTC 2015

On 13/11/15 18:44, Jared K. Smith wrote:

> The new FAS group and packaging group have been setup. This required us
> setting up a new private nodejs-sig mailing list for the group
> administrators (to be able to reset the bugzilla password, etc.), and I
> added most if not all of the main NodeJS packagers to both the FAS group
> and the mailing list.  If I didn't add you please don't be offended --
> it was an oversight on my part.  Feel free to reach out to me (either
> directly, or apply through the appropriate interfaces) and I'd be happy
> to add you.

I've created a koschei group, with everybody that's in the FAS group as
admins, and added my packages to it. You can find it here:

   https://apps.fedoraproject.org/koschei/groups/tomh/nodejs

I suggest we open an infrastructure ticket to get it promoted to a
global group.

If you haven't already enabled koschei for your packages then I'd
recommend it - especially if the package has tests working that it works
really well as a way of quickly discovering when a change in a
dependency has broken things.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)