Thoughts on a NodeJS packaging group

Jamie Nguyen j at jamielinux.com
Fri Nov 13 20:22:37 UTC 2015

On 13/11/15 18:44, Jared K. Smith wrote:
> The new FAS group and packaging group have been setup. This required us
> setting up a new private nodejs-sig mailing list for the group
> administrators (to be able to reset the bugzilla password, etc.), and I
> added most if not all of the main NodeJS packagers to both the FAS group
> and the mailing list.  If I didn't add you please don't be offended -- it
> was an oversight on my part.  Feel free to reach out to me (either
> directly, or apply through the appropriate interfaces) and I'd be happy to
> add you.
>
> I've also added group::nodejs-sig as an approved committer on all of my
> NodeJS packages in Fedora, and encourage everyone here to do the same with
> their own packages.

For anyone reading who might find this useful, this is the command-line
I used. (Change the awk regex to match your packages.)

  # install pkgdb-cli
  dnf install packagedb-cli

  # get list of packages
  pkgdb-cli list --user jamielinux | awk '$1 ~
/^node|mocha|uglify-js*|coffee-script|marked|docco|expresso|jasmine|^js-|lessjs|web-assets|ycssmin|npm|libuv/
{print $1}' > pkg.txt

  # check contents
  less pkg.txt

  # grant acl
  for i in $(cat pkg.txt); do pkgdb-cli update \
    --approve $i commit group::nodejs-sig all; sleep 0.5s; done

It's running as I type this :)

Kind regards,
Jamie