[OLPC Engineering] [Techteam] 11.3.1 build 10 released for XO-1.75

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Thu Nov 10 13:59:07 UTC 2011

john wrote:

 > Actually, I just realized that I've been seeing the "stuck in suspend"
 > crash on B1s, which don't have hardware signaling of the CPU status
 > to the EC.   Can an EC hacker confirm that the EC will continue to
 > think the system is in suspend until the EC talks to it ?
                                            ^^ if you mean SoC, then yes.

because of the lack of a SOC_SLEEP signal on B3 and earlier, the EC
relies on a hint from the SoC that it will be in suspend soon.  the
command is sent some time before suspend actually occurs.  during
resume, any SoC command to the EC will let the EC know suspend is
finished -- again, a command is sent sometime soon after suspend,
but we've made no effort to make it "absolutely right away".  because
the EC doesn't have a critical need to know, and because these are
B units we're talking about, "close" was considered good enough.
(the EC uses the information to blink the LED, and to save power
by sleeping, itself.)

paul