[Fedora-packaging] pre-compiled binaries in SRPM/source tarball

jan.klepek jan.klepek at brandforge.sk
Wed Mar 9 20:44:17 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have question, when I got tarball from upstream or I'm creating
tarball by myself from their git repo, which contains binary (exe) file.
Is there any packaging guideline that forces me to exclude this binary
file before tarball is created/used in srpm?

Christopher Aillon is trying to convince that below guideline has to be
applied to source tarball also.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#No_inclusion_of_pre-built_binaries_or_libraries

However I don't see any reference to SRPM/source tarball and I was in
impression that this is only for final (builded) rpm as otherwise it
would break review guidelines (rule for comparing source tarball in SRPM
and tarball from upstream).

Thanks for answer.

Regards,
Jan Klepek