[Fedora-packaging] Package review SIG dead?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Oct 13 09:38:19 UTC 2011

On 10/13/2011 09:38 AM, Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 09:10 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> At least I do not want to this list to become a newbie forum nor "yet
>> another source" of review spam.
>
> Well, if you consider tibbs, rex, sochotnicky or toshio (people who have
> mentionned to be interested in the SIG) to be newbie then I guess we are
> not welcome.
Except of you and sochotnicky, I know all of them.

> If you do not consider them to be newbie then I would
> invite you to read again what's the idea behind this SIG.

Yes, may-be I should read it for the n-th time. Openly said, I don't see
much sense in such a SIG, but I didn't want to take away your favorite toy.

>> You might not want to hear this, but to me personally, the chatter and
>> the bureaucrazy's (typo intended) noise on package-review@ already is
>> beyond "being bearable".
>
> Again, we do not want to duplicate/replicate/have anything in common
> with package-review at .
>
> Or you have to tell me how I can try to be more clear.
So ... what do you want to do?

Problems within a review belong into the review, general/fundamental
problems belong on this list rsp. in front of the FPC, ... I don't
understand hat are you aiming at, except that you are intending to
implement the (n+1)th body in fedora.

Ralf