[Fedora-packaging] packaging an axis2-based service

Andy Grimm agrimm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 22:19:21 UTC 2012

Hi, all.  As part of my work packaging Eucalyptus, I need to decide
where to put the "repositories" for a couple of axis2-based services.
Each service runs an apache instance on a special port with a custom
configuration that points to an axis2 repo path.  The repo directory
contains an xml config and a few directories:

* lib -- this is just a symlink to the directory where the axis2
shared libraries live (i.e., /usr/lib64)
* modules -- this contains symlinks to axis2 modules which are needed
for this service
* services -- this contains individual web services, each of which
generally consists of a wsdl, an xml config file, and an ELF shared
object

lib and modules aren't a problem, because they just contain symlinks
to files already owned by wso2-axis2 an related packages.  My question
is about the "services" directory.  Where should it live?  The only
precedent in Fedora is condor-aviary, which places the repository
structure in /var/lib/condor/aviary/.  This means that there are .so
files living in /var/lib.  Is that acceptable?  Or should they live
somewhere under %{_libdir} and be symlinked ?

Thanks.

Andy