[Fedora-packaging] packaging an axis2-based service

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 22:39:33 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 06:19:21PM -0400, Andy Grimm wrote:
> Hi, all.  As part of my work packaging Eucalyptus, I need to decide
> where to put the "repositories" for a couple of axis2-based services.
> Each service runs an apache instance on a special port with a custom
> configuration that points to an axis2 repo path.  The repo directory
> contains an xml config and a few directories:
>
> * lib -- this is just a symlink to the directory where the axis2
> shared libraries live (i.e., /usr/lib64)
> * modules -- this contains symlinks to axis2 modules which are needed
> for this service
> * services -- this contains individual web services, each of which
> generally consists of a wsdl, an xml config file, and an ELF shared
> object
>
> lib and modules aren't a problem, because they just contain symlinks
> to files already owned by wso2-axis2 an related packages.  My question
> is about the "services" directory.  Where should it live?  The only
> precedent in Fedora is condor-aviary, which places the repository
> structure in /var/lib/condor/aviary/.  This means that there are .so
> files living in /var/lib.  Is that acceptable?  Or should they live
> somewhere under %{_libdir} and be symlinked ?

/var is for things that need to be changable at runtime.  From the sounds of
it, this data is not changable at runtime.  You mention ELF so it's also
arch specific.  Combined, it sounds like somewhere under %{_libdir} is
appropriate here.  Not sure if %{_libdir}/$SERVICE or
%{_libdir}/axis2/$SERVICE would be more appropriate.