[Fedora-packaging] Introducing a directory for installed test programs

Markus Mayer lotharlutz at gmx.de
Mon Feb 6 12:37:43 UTC 2012

On 02/06/2012 04:59 AM, Julio Merino wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The purpose of this long email is to justify the need for a /usr/tests
> directory and to ask for approval for its creation, with the final goal
> of packaging ATF, its tests and the tests provided by arbitrary
> applications (e.g. the just-approved lutok package[1]).  This email is
> long because I feel the need to provide tons of background to explain
> why this directory is required.  I hope the text is clear and that it
> makes enough sense to convince you of its approval.  Here we go!
<snip>

The first thing coming in my mind was using something like
/usr/pkg1/test  and put a configuration file for each package
(containing path and other stuff) into something like
/etc/tests/conf.d/. The benefit of this would be that additional
information can be stored for each test.

Just my 2 cents

regards

Markus