[Fedora-packaging] perl packaging with oracle library

Christopher Meng cickumqt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 04:34:40 UTC 2013

Hi,

it's really tough for me to continue as I'm packaging a perl module
(DBD::Oracle), this is an important module for ora2pg, a very nice
database schema converter.

In order to install this DBD module I have to setup some PATH of
Oracle's product like Oracle Instant Client. That meens we must install
basic and devel rpm of OIC shipped by Oracle after clicking agree OTN
and blahblahblah... After installing these things we should also setup
environment variables like :

export ORACLE_HOME="/usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client/lib/"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME
ORACLE_HEADERS="/usr/include/oracle/11.2/client/"

It's really boring. Should I stop current work?

Thanks.