[Fedora-packaging] perl packaging with oracle library

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Fri Apr 19 05:41:11 UTC 2013

Le 19/04/2013 06:34, Christopher Meng a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> it's really tough for me to continue as I'm packaging a perl module
> (DBD::Oracle), this is an important module for ora2pg, a very nice
> database schema converter.

AFAIK you cannot have the OIC in Fedora, so your package cannot be
submit for Fedora repo, because of missing Requires (and very probably
missing BuildRequires).

> In order to install this DBD module I have to setup some PATH of
> Oracle's product like Oracle Instant Client. That meens we must install
> basic and devel rpm of OIC shipped by Oracle after clicking agree OTN
> and blahblahblah... After installing these things we should also setup
> environment variables like :
>
> export ORACLE_HOME="/usr/lib/oracle/11.2/client/lib/"
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ORACLE_HOME
> ORACLE_HEADERS="/usr/include/oracle/11.2/client/"

AFAIK, only library path is mandatory.

A /etc/ld.conf.d/ file is a good solution.

For others, a /etc/profile.d file

I'm used to re-package OIC (to be able to build php-oci8), to fix such
problem, fix auto-provides, and a little more clean spec (my older spec
iirc).

You can use my old work
http://rpms.famillecollet.com/SRPMS/oracle-instantclient-x86_64-11.2.0.3.0-1.remi.nosrc.rpm

Remi.

> It's really boring. Should I stop current work?

For Fedora : yes I think
For other use, why not.

Remi