[Fedora-packaging] Should bash completion and gconf schema files be marked as %config?

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 01:02:31 UTC 2013

Hi,

Should files that applications place in /etc/bash_completion.d be marked
as config?
(From the few packages that I've checked, they shouldn't.)

Should schema files in /etc/gconf/schemas be marked as %config?
(Some packages mark them: gnome-do[1], revelation[2], some don't:
ekiga[2]).

Since these are both files that admins/users aren't generally expected
to modify, I'd think they don't need to be marked. Is this correct?

[1]
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/gnome-do.git/tree/gnome-do.spec#n132
[2]
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/revelation.git/tree/revelation.spec#n104