[Fedora-packaging] Coping with daily releases (was: How to deal with the porn part of a package?)

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Wed Jul 10 10:35:22 UTC 2013

Christopher Meng wrote:
> I will continue maintaining it, but I may ask upstream to "slow
> down" their steps because I cannot promise pushing updates everyday as
> upstream releases new version everyday or even a few hours...

I don't see why you would be required to package every version that
upstream releases. Just submit an update now and then, when you feel
that the bugs that have been fixed are important enough or that the new
features are stable enough, or as often as you feel that you can
without exhausting yourself. I'm very happy to have Youtube-DL
available when I need it, but I use it maybe a few times a month on
average and don't want to upgrade it every day.

Björn Persson