[Fedora-packaging] Convert 64bit DEB to RPM - dependency errors

Michael Hall mike at mjhall.org
Sat May 4 23:57:32 UTC 2013

Yes that looks like the answer.

This page succinctly describes the problem:
http://www.lysium.de/blog/index.php?/archives/2-rpmbuild-disable-automatic-dependency-analysis.html

I solved the problem by using "AutoReqProv: no" in the header.

This may not be optimal but it works for now.

Ideally, EditShare (Lightworks developers) will release an RPM soon (in
addition to current DEB), or even the source (as promised).

Either way, I think Lightworks is important enough for a bit of faffing
about. It is a viable competitor for Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Sony Vegas
etc.

www.lwks.com