[Fedora-packaging] Using autogenerated sources

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri May 10 18:01:14 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 11:22:32AM +0300, Susi Lehtola wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I've just introduced libint2 into Fedora. It is a package that contains
>  a) a compiler for generating the source code for an optimized library
>  b) the generated library itself which is used by end users
>
> I'd like to get branches for the package for EPEL5 and EPEL6 as well,
> but the problem is that building the compiler needs C++11 support,
> which is not available in EPEL.
>
> Is it OK if I do step a) locally and use the pregenerated sources for
> the EPEL branches? The Fedora branches would still do the whole
> bootstrap process.

Is this for bootstrap-only?  ie: You can build once with the locally
generated (a) and then immediately rebuild the package using the compiler in
the just-built package?  That can probably get an exception from the FPC
using the bootstrap guidelines fairly easily.

If the EPEL branches will always have to have step (a) pregenerated then
the outlook is a lot more grim but we can look at that if we have to.