[Fedora-packaging] scl_prefix vs _scl_prefix

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Fri Nov 8 07:51:47 UTC 2013

Le 08/11/2013 08:33, Bohuslav Kabrda a écrit :
>> When scl-utils vendor is not the package vendor this inconsitency create
>> an issue.
>
> That is solved by redefining _scl_prefix in your own metapackage. I really don't see the problem.

This is exactly the problem = > you don't see the problem.

You cannot redefine _scl_prefix in each package.
- this will be redundant and tricky
- you don't know which is the correct directory (owned by foo-runtime)

Definitively, I think I must forgive the idea of extending RHSCL in EPEL.

If RHSCL users want to extends existing SCL, they will have to rely on
themselves or Red Hat?

Remi.