[Fedora-packaging] guidelines for go?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Sun Sep 22 04:07:20 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 12:12:02PM -0400, Vincent Batts wrote:
> golang libraries are basically -devel packages, not just subpackages.
> The part that is going to need revision is how to handle that fact that
> any given library, should provide subpackages for all the arch's of *.a,
> that can be installed individually or exist together.

I'm beginning to _strongly_ believe that we should follow the debian idea
here: https://wiki.debian.org/MichaelStapelberg/GoPackaging and not package
pre-compiled Go libraries at all (outside of the standard library).

Developers _not_ making RPMs are encouraged to ignore these packages and do
everything the 'go get' way, whereas RPMs would all set GOPATH to
"/usr/share/gocode" and use that.