[Fedora-packaging] Moving configuration files in a package...

Darryl L. Pierce mcpierce at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 16:18:35 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 07:14:36PM +0300, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> Add a postinstall script which copies the old config from its
> previous location to the new one and maybe also a symlink from the
> new to the old location to the new one. Exercise care with both
> commands so as to not overwrite existing files.

That was suggested, but I was leery of doing it since, as you mention,
there's always the chance of overwriting some existing file. Especially
since, if they use something like Puppet, it would mask the problem for
them of updating their configuration.

> I would also add a README pointing out the change. Not that people
> actually read but still...

True.

--
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce at gmail.com>