[Fedora-packaging] Schedule for Thursday's FPC Meeting (2013-09-26 16:00 UTC)

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Thu Sep 26 08:01:00 UTC 2013

Quoting Ralph Amissah (2013-09-25 20:54:49)
> * James Antill <james at fedoraproject.org>
> > #topic #346   Bundling exception request for Eclipse Sisu
> > .fpc 346
> > https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/346
> >

> There is a package called sisu (available in Debian since 2005 (started
> in 1997), and used for example for documentation with translations) that
> I have hoped to have packaged for Fedora.
>
> The home page is pretty minimal
> http://www.sisudoc.org/
> also
> http://www.jus.uio.no/sisu
>
> Wikipedia:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SiSU
>
> Debian:
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/sisu.html
>
> You are welcome to whatever help I can offer to package this for Fedora.
> Thanks for your cosideration.

I will note that sisu in Fedora is completely different package. Originally a
Sonatype project, it's a "JSR 330 based container and Plexus adapter". In other
words a Java library.

You can still package sisudoc for Fedora of course, but it would have to use a
different name than "sisu" (sisudoc perhaps?)

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>
Software Engineer - Developer Experience

PGP: 7B087241