[Fedora-packaging] Schedule for Thursday's FPC Meeting (2013-09-26 16:00 UTC)

Ralph Amissah ralph.amissah at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 15:35:55 UTC 2013

* Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>
  [Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:01:00 +0200], wrote:

> Quoting Ralph Amissah (2013-09-25 20:54:49)
> > * James Antill <james at fedoraproject.org>
> > > #topic #346   Bundling exception request for Eclipse Sisu
> > > .fpc 346
> > > https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/346
> > >

> > There is a package called sisu (available in Debian since 2005 (started
> > in 1997), and used for example for documentation with translations) that
> > I have hoped to have packaged for Fedora.
> >
> > The home page is pretty minimal
> > http://www.sisudoc.org/
> > also
> > http://www.jus.uio.no/sisu
> >
> > Wikipedia:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SiSU
> >
> > Debian:
> > http://packages.qa.debian.org/s/sisu.html
> >
> > You are welcome to whatever help I can offer to package this for Fedora.
> > Thanks for your cosideration.
>
> I will note that sisu in Fedora is completely different package. Originally a
> Sonatype project, it's a "JSR 330 based container and Plexus adapter". In other
> words a Java library.
>
> You can still package sisudoc for Fedora of course, but it would have to use a
> different name than "sisu" (sisudoc perhaps?)

SiSU is not particularly widely known or used, but I would humbly
suggest you drop your naming exception for a java/library an eclipse
package to end up using the same name. You could continue to identify it
as an eclipse or java library.

Ultimately you are right SiSU could be packaged for Fedora as sisudoc,
though my preference for consistency, given that SiSU is invoked by use
of the command "sisu" ... is understandable.