Multi-owned perl directories in perl package in F-13

Iain Arnell iarnell at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 08:16:22 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Remi Collet <Fedora at famillecollet.com> wrote:
> Le 03/07/2010 10:02, Iain Arnell a écrit :
>
>>> How this should be handled nicely ?
>>
>> Exactly as it is at the minute - continue allow perl modules to share
>> directory ownership.
>>
>> I think the "Multiple packages own files in a common directory but
>> none of them needs to require the others."[1] rule would cover it. In
>> general, module A::B::C doesn't necessarily require A::B (or even A).
>
> Of course, I was asking in the case A::B::C requires A::B
>
> In the case of the package I'm working on the review:
>  perl-Test-Script-Run requires perl-Test-Exception
>  which own /usr/share/perl5/Test dir.

Well the perl rpm itself owns /usr/share/perl5/Test, so then no
perl-Test-* module should own it.

It's going to be considerably simpler to allow shared directory
ownership rather than force everyone to analyse dependencies and
narrow down ownership where possible.

And of course, there's the possibility that dependencies change in
future and we could end up with unowned directories unless you repeat
the analysis.

--
Iain.