Upstream releases monitoring globbing support?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Feb 6 13:15:07 UTC 2014

On 02/05/2014 06:26 PM, Till Maas wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 05, 2014 at 03:18:04PM +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
>> It's not about indiviiduals it's about defaults and it's about the
>> harm your defaults are causing:
>> 1000s of emails plastering various mailing lists and inboxes.
> Actually I do not care whether or not perl packages are monitored. But
> the current situation does not seem to cause much harm, because there is
> hardly any negative feedback about the current situation.
Not unlikely. People maintaining only a few packages will only receive a
few mail. I am receiving many of them, often duplicates and triple from
various origins + followups from bugzilla + koji.

All in all they are adding a significant contribution to the SPAM flood
koji & Co already are emitting.

If you want to get an imagination, about the amount I am receiving,
check out the perl-list's archive:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/perl-devel/2014-February/date.html
and imagine you'd receive all of these mails 2-3 times.

>   Also enough
> maintainers cared to add about 800 packages manually to the monitoring
> system.
Well, I guess these "800" packages condense down to a very small number
of individuals.

Ralf