Introduction, Seeking Sponsor

Petr Ĺ abata contyk at redhat.com
Mon Apr 27 14:27:35 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 02, 2015 at 08:09:07PM -0700, Tim Orling wrote:
> Hello perl-devel,
>
> I have been an active user since Redhat 6.
>
> I am currently co-maintainer of meta-python layer for OpenEmbedded and
> frequent contributor to the meta-perl layer.
>
> I have built many RPMs in the past, but this will be my first entrance into
> the world of contributors.
>
> In an effort to use https://github.com/rehsack/Packager-Utils I find that I
> need additional perl modules in Fedora. My builds of perl-MooX-Log-Any and
> perl-Alien-Packages (generated by cpanspec) pass on koji. (user: ttorling)
>
> Please consider sponsoring me as a collaborator/packager and member of the
> group.
>
> --Tim

Hey Tim,

apologies for the late reply; I somehow missed this email.

It's great news you'd like to contribute.  Go ahead and submit
your packages for review [0].  I'll gladly help you polish the
rough bits and possibly sponsor you.

While still a useful tool, packages generated by cpanspec are
far from perfect and still need some attention.  To get an
idea what a modern perl package looks like, browse the git
repositories or check out some recent perl package reviews.

Anyway, do submit your packages and we'll see how it goes :)

Cheers,
Petr

[0] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/New_package_process_for_existing_contributors