Fedora 18 Resume and suspend scripts.. How do I do this.

Jaroslav Skarvada jskarvad at redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 15:01:51 UTC 2013

> Thanks, I will definitely post something on the Wiki when I have some
> time..

Thanks.

> I'll try with tuned balanced vs powersave see what happens..

Feel free to share. Also don't forget to attend Fedora 19
power management test day :). It will be interesting to compare
the results with others. This time we will try to focus
more on video cards power savings. There is placeholder
wiki [1] (will be reworked before the event).

> The issue was that with Fedora the battery was terrible 7 hours in
> Windows 8 to 3 hours in Fedora (5 to 6 in Ubuntu).. I've just set up
> tuned so I don't know if that will make any difference, hope it
> does.

It seems we do not have optimal defaults in Fedora and the test
day may also help to improve this. There are many aggressive
(generally unsafe) tunings that may lower the power consumption
(sometimes significantly). Feel free to send me output of
# dmesg
and html from
# powertop --html
for detailed analysis. I can propose some more aggressive tunings
for you

regards

Jaroslav

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2013-04-17_Power_Management