FC4 Test 2 Issues

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Fri Apr 15 21:58:26 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 16:27 +0100, P Cieslar wrote:

> I have had my ibook for over 2 years now.  The first time i have ever
> heard the fan was last night - after installing FC4.  The same thing
> happened again today, while the ibook was sitting idle.  The fan was
> very loud and the ibook was incredibly hot.  Have never seen it this
> way, even with FC3 installed.

It happens to me sometimes....

> A few questions:
> Is this normal?

Somewhat; install apmud from Extras, it might help power manage your
laptop

> Will this damage my ibook?

Probably not

> How do I get sound?

I just popped rawhide on mine, I'll be working on this soon

> How do I get my modem working?

www.linuxant.com

Commercial only drivers, you have yourself a hsf modem
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi