Where do I file a bug report ?

Dennis Clarke blastwave at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 13:53:44 UTC 2005

On 9/21/05, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 09:34 -0400, Paul Nasrat wrote:
> > Hard disk installs are iso only - so having the iso's on the second
> > HDD should work.  What sort of messages are you getting on tty3-5.
>
> I didn't build ISO images for my updated tree -- I'm not entirely sure
> _how_ to.

Well that _is_ something I can help with.

Perhaps after I get the rsync done I will create a ISO-9660 ISO and
then burn it to a DVD and test.  If all goes well I can then provide
the DVD ISO for you.

> He can't use the original FC4 images, because they're not the
> same install tree, and he can't use the expanded tree which he rsync'd
> from zeniv because anaconda won't do HD installs that way any more.

That is the problem that I am hitting.

> I think the latter is the bug he wants to report. A workaround is
> probably to write the contents of the install tree to a DVD and install
> from that, but it would be better if we could just fix anaconda to
> install from expanded trees on the hard drive, like it used to.

Which reminds me .. perhaps I can dump the ISO image that I will
create onto that second hard disk as a simple foo.iso file ?  Or am I
dreaming there ?

Sorry for these noobish questions .. I am a much better Solaris guy
than a Linux guy and I often have to flail about with coffee in order
to get these things to work :-)

Dennis Clarke