Newbie with Power Mac G5.

Brian Durant RoadTripDK at MyRealBox.Com
Sun Feb 5 13:42:07 UTC 2006

On 5. feb 2006, at 0.57, Brian D. Carlstrom wrote:

> Brian Durant writes:
>> "ata1: comman 0x35 timeout, stat 0x50 host_stal 0x4
>> hda lost interrupt
>> mpic_enable_irq timeout"
>
> Do you mean:
>      ata1: command 0x35 timeout, stat 0x50 host_stal 0x4
>      hda lost interrupt
>      mpic_enable_irq timeout
> Because others reported that here:
>     http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-75145.html
> and here:
>     http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-89712.html
> so you are not alone.

Yup, that is the one, but I haven't seen it lately.

> general google query
>     http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&c2coff=1&q=ata1
> +command+timeout+stat+mpic_enable_irq+timeout
> shows some FC4 responses as well.
>
> unforuntately none of these seems to have a clear resolution.
>
> does "uname -r" report kernel version 2.6.15-1.1830_FC4? this is the
> latest "updates" kernel.
>
> -bri

The latest news is that I did a "2.6.14-1.1637_F runlevel 3", user
login and "startx". I got tired of the problem with yum, so I ran
up2date. u2date found a newer kernel: 2.6.15-1.1830_FC4. I updated/
upgraded both the kernel, ALSA, yum and a number of drivers and
programs. Everything went fine. I played around a little bit with
Firefox, surfed the net, checked some of GNOME preferences, browsed
through the file system, etc. In other words, normal stuff. No
problems... until I decided to shutdown. So I chose "log out" from
the GNOME panel/menu and everything froze. So here I am again,
writing this e-mail in OS X :-(

Cheers,

Brian